Sign up process
We have a limited number of spots available, so please read this process for signing up carefully and follow these steps!
- Campus Ministry @ GVSU is a Grand Valley Student Organization, and therefore, these trips are meant for currently enrolled GVSU students. For Thursday's Sign-Up event, you must be a student to register for a trip. If you are not a student and have any questions about this, please contact beaudryr@gvsu.
- Please arrive promptly between 6:45am and 7:00am on Thursday, November 1st. You do not need to arrive earlier.
- As you enter the Grand River Room, you will be given a wristband with a number on it.
- You must be present to get a wristband. You cannot pick one up for a friend. If you must leave early, you can give your wristband to a friend to sign you up.
- At 7:10am, we will publish the sign-up order (randomly generated). When your number is called, you will be allowed to sign up for the trip of your choice based on what spots are still available. If you arrive after the numbers are drawn, you will be added to the end of the list.
- To sign-up, you need to complete an online application (made available to you at sign-ups) and pay an $80 nonrefundable deposit. We will accept online credit or debit card payments as well as cash or a check made out to “Campus Ministry @ GVSU”. If you have a money concern, please contact Rayanne Beaudry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please know that we are making as many spots available as we possibly can but that we cannot guarantee that you will be given a spot on a SB trip. We will have a waitlist for those that do not get a spot on sign-up day.
- If there are any spots still available at the close of sign-ups on Thursday morning, those spots will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Campus Ministry office in the Cook DeWitt Center starting at 12:00 noon on Thursday, November 1st.
Paying for your trip
No one should stay home due to a lack of funds! In order to adequately plan these trips, we ask that you place an $80 nonrefundable deposit and follow the payment schedule below. We accept credit/debit card, cash, and check payments. If meeting any of these payment dates is a problem with you, please talk with Rayanne Beaudry (email@example.com) or 616-710-9434.
- Thursday, Nov 1st - SB19 Sign-Up begins! Deposit of non-refundable $80 due
- Friday, Dec 7th - 2nd Payment of non-refundable $80 due
- Monday, Feb 4th 2018 - Remaining trip balance due, $160 non-refundable
All trip costs include transportation, accommodations, food, and project supplies. The only additional cost you will be responsible for is food on travel days.
Please make us aware of any special financial situations, so that we can help you make it on one of these life-changing trips! You can find information about support letters below. Once you are signed up for a trip, you will also be able to accept online support payments.
Trip availability & application
The only way to secure a spot is to fill out the application and pay your $80 deposit online or in the Campus Ministry office. Your application will be approved once payment is received.